SACRAMENTS OF INITIATION:
-Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA)
- Meets on Sundays after the 9:00 AM Mass;
- Format includes a year round process. For those previously baptized, candidates are received after an appropriate time of formation.
- For those unbaptized, the process is at least a full calendar year as the Catechumen experiences the liturgical year of the Church and grows in the knowledge of and living in the Catholic way of life.
- For more information, contact the Parish Office.
- For those adults who received their First Communion but for whatever reason were not confirmed and who regularly participate in Mass and the sacraments, a process of preparation is offered each year here at St. Cecilia in the late summer/early Fall. Watch the bulletin for registration information. The Vicariate also offers a process in the Spring at one of the local parishes. For more information on website; select RCIA.
- Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults adapted for Teens (RCIA/T) (Minimum 2 year process)
- Students of high school age who have not had previous Religious Education or who have only had a minimum of Religious Education experience are appropriate candidates for RCIA/T.
- The process will include Sunday Mass with a follow-up catechetical session as well as involvement with the Youth Ministry Program and activities. Initiation will take place as Candidates are prepared and ready to receive the sacraments.
- For more information, contact Lisa Merserseau at the Parish Office.
- Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults adapted for Children (RCIA/C) (Minimum 2 year process)
- Students who are unbaptized and 7 years or older become part of the RCIA/C process.
- Students who are baptized and 9 years of age or older with no previous Religious Education may enroll in the RCIA/C process.
- All children in the RCIA/C attend regular Religious Education classes offered on Wednesday afternoon. They are also required to attend Sunday Mass.
- In Year 2, parents participate with their children in regular days of reflection and other activities in preparation for the reception of the sacraments. These activities take place outside of the ongoing Wednesday classes, usually on a weekend.
- Infants and children through the age of 6 are baptized at regular intervals throughout the Church Year. Generally, Baptisms are celebrated at 2PM on the fourth Sunday in January, March, May, July, September and November. For more information or to reserve a Baptismal date and preparation class, please call the Parish Office.
Dates for upcoming Baptisms:
Baptism Preparation Sessions:
SACRAMENTS OF HEALING:
Anointing of the Sick
SACRAMENTS OF VOCATION: