SACRAMENTS OF INITIATION:
-Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA)
- For those previously baptized, candidates are received after an appropriate time of formation.
- For those unbaptized, the process is at least a full calendar year as the Catechumen experiences the liturgical year of the Church and grows in the knowledge of and living in the Catholic way of life.
- For more information, contact the Parish Office.
- For those adults who received their First Communion but for whatever reason were not confirmed and who regularly participate in Mass and the sacraments, a process of preparation is offered each year here at St. Cecilia in the late summer/early Fall. Watch the bulletin for registration information. The Vicariate also offers a process in the Spring at one of the local parishes. For more information on website; select RCIA.
- Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults adapted for Teens (RCIA/T) (Minimum 2 year process)
- Students of high school age who have not had previous Religious Education or who have only had a minimum of Religious Education experience are appropriate candidates for RCIA/T.
- The process will include Sunday Mass with a follow-up catechetical session.
- For more information, please call the office 847-437-6208.
- Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults adapted for Children (RCIA/C) (Minimum 2 year process)
- Students who are unbaptized and 7 years or older become part of the RCIA/C process.
- Students who are baptized and 9 years of age or older with no previous Religious Education may enroll in the RCIA/C process.
- All children in the RCIA/C attend regular Religious Education classes. They are also required to attend Sunday Mass.
- In Year 2, parents participate with their children in regular days of reflection and other activities in preparation for the reception of the sacraments.
- Infants and children through the age of 6 are baptized at regular intervals throughout the Church Year. Baptisms are celebrated on Saturdays at 2PM. For more information or to reserve a Baptismal date and preparation class, please call the Parish Office.
Dates for upcoming Baptisms:
Baptism Preparation Sessions:
SACRAMENTS OF HEALING:
Anointing of the Sick
SACRAMENTS OF VOCATION: